All of us, as consumers, are inundated with marketing messages every day , and that does not exclude the people on your contact lists. The solution to avoid landing automatically in the "Trash" folder or being "Reported as Spam", is not only a straight-forward subject line (more on that here), but a clear, visible Call-To-Action (CTA) as well.
An effective call-to-action eliminates confusion, allowing your recipient to take the appropriate next steps. When each marketing piece as a clear call-to-action there is no doubt as to the intention of the content. Your content builds intrigue and excitement, and your CTA (speaking of - feel free to give our "Get Started" CTA a click in the top-right corner) allows the reader to dig more deeply into the topic or become a real customer. By attaching a clear CTA to each new content piece, you're ensuring the content fits into your overall marketing plan, helping you to build a larger audience and convert more contacts into leads.
The most comment types of CTA's used in rezora-built marketing pieces are:
- View Listing - This CTA intends to convert contacts directly into customers. If your recipient has clicked on this button, you have a reason to pick up the phone and remind them to see the amazing property for themselves. Link buttons, images or text to your listing website and spike your contacts interest.
- Learn More - Is there a lot to say? Invite your readers to contact you directly.
- Read More - A "read more" button encourages users to continue reading condensed information, allowing for concise display without loss of visibility.
- Contact Us/Me - This CTA prompts contacts to visit the agent's or brokerage's website, thus improving your visibility, and odds of you getting a new lead.
- RSVP Now - This specific CTA works not only for events, but for Open Houses as well. It opens that line of communication between you and your contact. It can also be used as, "Get Directions".
CTA's establish a connection between a client's desire & availability, as well as provide immediate access to listings and/or content.
Your call-to-action is the chance to motivate your audience to take real steps towards becoming a client. It can be the determining factor between a lead and a conversion. Your lead has read or at least scanned your content and may be on the fence about taking the next step. The right CTA at the perfect moment can push the person in the right direction, sealing the conversation and ideally creating a loyal client. Many argue that the call to action is the most important part of your piece; skipping the CTA is a grave mistake that can negatively impact your results.
If you're a rezora user, you already know that adding a CTA button is as easy as clicking on said content option when creating your piece in Zephyr. So, don't be afraid to drop that button into every piece you make, and customize it to meet your email content needs!
One last important thing to note: your CTA should not be placed at the bottom of a long email. Chances are that if an email is too long, your contact will take no action. The more scrolling your recipient needs to do, the less likely they are to see the button, much less do anything with it. Make your email marketing short and concise, with a clear CTA - this also sets you up to elaborate on the page you're redirecting to, and to follow up with an email. Who doesn't love a good drip campaign?!
Whether you use your CTA to create a sense of urgency or to gently steer your users towards the finish line, the important thing is that you use it. Ignoring the CTA is a very common rookie mistake that could make your numbers drop drastically. Next time you're creating an email marketing piece, let your call-to-action shine. You'll see the difference in your Dashboard statistics.