Everyone knows that warmer weather brings out more people shopping around for a new potential buy. Many times, the Spring selling rush actually starts in the Winter. With the Winter season coming up, you will need to prepare for the Spring by keeping your client list interested in your content and encourage them to begin the search for a new home or property. How can you make sure you won't lose your momentum this Winter?
Here are 3 tips on how to keep your clients interested this season:
1) Inform your clients about the advantages of home shopping in the Winter.
- Buyer competition is far less in the Fall and Winter compared to the Spring and Summer because there are almost half the number of home shoppers in January as there are in June
- Winter home shoppers have lower home prices, less competition, and 79% of the housing inventory of Spring shoppers.
- Sellers who keep their homes on the market during the winter are often more motivated and willing to make a deal
By informing your clients of all of the great advantages of buying a home in the winter, they will appreciate your knowledge of the market and consider the opportunity to buy in the winter much more seriously. By presenting yourself as a valuable source for market familiarity, your clients will know they are in good hands and will be more inclined to consider starting to look for homes.
2) Continue to send your clients information about great communities and neighborhoods.
- Educate the buyer on the area, what comparable homes are selling for, the average price per square foot in the neighborhood, and every stage in the buying process.
- You can share videos, infographics, E-books, articles, and blog posts about your market - but also share local events such as community affairs and impressive news about your community.
- Think about the type of content that would encourage a potentialbuyer to want to start their home shopping process. Try to think like a buyer and ask yourself, "What do my clients want to see? What will motivate them to take the next step?"
When you send your clients content based on their community or communities they could move to, they will stay informed of potential opportunities and keep the ideas in their head (For great content ideas, see our blog posts, Localized Content Ideas for the Holiday Season and 117 Content Ideas to get inspiration on email content that will surely keep your clients interested.)
3.) Find motivated sellers to encourage your clients to take initiative in their search.
- Inquire within at homes with For Sale by Owner signs outside. It can be a pretty quick conversation to find out how the process is going with the owner and if you can be of any assistance.
- Many sellers in the winter are motivated to sell now, instead of waiting to list their home in the Spring.
- By finding these opportunities, you can bring tempting offers to your clients and let them know that they can get a great deal!
The Winter is often a buyer's market and by making your clients aware of the easier, and lower price opportunities, you will be encouraging them to have a conversation about buying a home now instead of waiting until the Spring.
The winter may be cold and the days may be shorter but that doesn't mean the work slows down! There may be less of a buying rush but by keeping your clients interested and up to date about their opportunities, you can initiate more sales and create more potential for repeat clients.